Down one of the little streets in the neighborhood, makes you wanna kayak or canoe or something doesn't it? Most of the houses had little docks and boats to cruise around in, how cool is that? And the water is only like 3 or 4 feet deep too.
Do we look relaxed or maybe a little tired from partying the night before?? Okay we didn't really party but we did come up on some awesome martinis! Coconut Lime is my new favorite and Kevin had a refreshing Watermelon Mint martini. It was awesome to get away, did I tell you that already? Anyway, this is in Santa Monica at the new outdoor mall. We ate lunch at that table and then walked around on the pier.
We went to Venice Beach too, and the only word coming to my mind as I'm typing this is 'loony'!!! Look closely at the picture (or maybe not that close!)...yes that dog is doing what you think he's doing, right in the middle of the street and no the owner did not pick it up! Totally awkward for the cars going the other way!
Alright, it's time for some feedback...like I said, we stayed at the Marriott. It's not the Four Season's or the Ritz but it's definitely not a Motel 6 either. I'll give you a couple examples and you weigh in on whether we (okay it's more like Kevin but I went along with it!) are paranoid or cautious:
1) We took our own sheets, pillows & blankets
2) No walking around barefoot in the room, we had to wear shoes or sock at all times
3) We put kleenex in the peep hole so no one could see in
Yes...totally paranoid. i thought marriott was nice?? i guess i need to get out more! better to be safe than sorry though! glad you guys got to get away!!
ReplyDeleteWhat peephole!? And you are slightly paranoid ;) I'm in hotels all the time and have grown immune to the grossness of it (kinda had to!), though I'm in super nice ones so that may be why. Motels gross me out though so I kinda get your point :)
ReplyDeleteMarriotts are nice! Which I think emphasises the fact that perhaps someone's a little paranoid!
ReplyDeleteSilly mari. I worked at a Marriott. They are nice, use their sheets but wear your shoes!! Love, Jennie
ReplyDeleteOkay, I did go to college...emphasize, duh! So Jennie, will you ellaborate on the shoes situation?
ReplyDelete