Sunday, July 17, 2011

Onsie make-over went wrong :(

My great aunt gave Alana this onsie a couple months back and I've always had it in my mind to turn it into a dress. I converted the rest of her onsies to t-shirts but have gotten extra miles out of this one since my wonderful daughter likes to take her clothes and diapers off during nap and bed time and hasn't figured out the snap system yet, yay! (At least I'm saving on duct tape;).

Any hoot...I pulled some fabric I had on hand that matched the necklace and sewed up a lil skirt for the dress. Kevin said it looks like something they'd wear in Jamaica, he also said it looks like a slave dress....

In hindsight, I didn't like the skirt color choices either and think maybe turquois, pink and yellow would have fared a bit better than the funky green and dark purple. Or maybe just one color for the skirt....And I guess I coulda just made a separate skirt and instead of sewing the dang thing on!


So Kevin hated it and actually my sister thought it was a little silly herself. I didn't care, I forged forth and put it on Alana...and well, she hated it too!!!


Just gotta find my seam ripper now...

No comments:

Post a Comment